Have you ever dreamed of joining me in one of our hands-on photography workshops combined with an amazing trip to a spectacular setting, but the investment has been of reach?
Or do you know someone who has this dream but not the resources to fulfill it?
If so, here’s a chance to make that dream a reality for one deserving photographer!
About 3 months ago, Anne and I were moved to tears when we heard that a workshop scholarship had been established in memory of my mother, who lost her battle with cancer in April. Members of the How to Photograph Your Life and Going Manual families, along with others, have contributed generously to this fund, allowing us to sponsor one person’s attendance at one of our fall workshops. Special thanks to Tara Mock for the idea and management of this thoughtful memorial and wonderful opportunity to benefit a member of our community!
The Joyce Kelsh Memorial Photography Workshop Scholarship—it still gets me to see those words in print—will be offered to cover your choice of our next two upcoming workshops:
Santa Fe Photography Workshop:
“High Desert Enchantment in New Mexico“
October 2-5, 2018
Plus the optional add-on day:
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
October 6, 2018
Philadelphia Photography Workshop:
“History and Holiday Lights in the City of Brotherly Love”
November 26-29, 2018
Plus the optional add-on day:
Longwood Gardens Holiday Spectacle
November 30, 2018
The scholarship amount will include the following:
• A $500 travel stipend
The workshop fee mentioned above includes:
· Four-day photography workshop (plus add-on day) with hands-on instruction, assignments, photo review, and editing instruction
· Skype consultation & photo review with Nick prior to the workshop
· Bonus Camera Settings Checkup with Nick if you arrive early on the first day of the workshop
· Nick’s Basic Photography Course (self study)
· Nick’s Going Manual Course (self-study version)
· Bonus Portrait by Nick at the workshop (you get edited/retouched digital files)
· A welcome dinner on the first evening, all breakfasts, and a closing lunch on the last day of the main workshop
· All admission fees for any attractions we visit on the group photo tours
· Transportation during the workshop
· Follow-up webinar after the workshop for photo review and editing instruction
So – how do you apply? It’s simple:
• You may submit your own application, and/or submit a nomination on behalf of someone you know who has a passion for photography, a desire to improve their skills, grow their confidence, and better capture the moments of their lives in photographs.
• Submit a short essay (no more than 1000 words) to [email protected] by the deadline of Friday, August 31, 2018. The essay about you or your nominee should address topics such as:
- Why you or your nominee would like to attend a Nick Kelsh Photography Workshop?
- What you love about photography – what is your passion? What would you hope to learn at a Nick Kelsh Photography Workshop?
- Where you are in your photography journey and where you would like to go?
- How this scholarship and workshop would help you
- Any other special circumstances you feel are relevant
• Deadline for all applications and nominations is Friday, August 31, 2018.
• The Nick Kelsh Photography Workshops team will review the submissions and announce the scholarship recipient the following week … in time to make all necessary arrangements for the workshop.
• The winner of The Joyce Kelsh Memorial Scholarship is expected to notify Workshop Coordinator Terryl Hicks of their choice of workshop (Santa Fe/Albuquerque 2018 or Philadelphia 2018) within one (1) week of your award notification. If you do not provide this notification within the week, the scholarship award will go to the runner-up.
For me, personally, these workshops could possibly be the most exciting thing I’ve ever done in my career … working with a small group over a period of days may very well be the perfect teaching and learning format. A list of the great photographic experiences of my life would have to include some of these workshops. And this opportunity to provide someone with the experience – especially in memory of my mother – makes it even more special!
To learn about these two special workshops click one of the links below:
- About our Workshops page
- Santa Fe Workshop
- Philadelphia Workshop[email protected]
Stay in focus.
P.S. Please share this post to help us spread the word about this special opportunity. Thanks!